Recruitment and Selection – Taking the Guesswork out of Hiring
Who is it for?
Recommended for anyone involved in the recruitment and selection of staff.
This one-day workshop focuses on how to recruit the best people for your business, helping to take the guesswork out of the hiring process and building the skills to confidently recruit within the law.
The focus is to enable your managers to create the conditions conducive to recruiting the best candidate.
Aims & Objectives:
Learning objectives include understanding unconscious bias and how to avoid discrimination in
– Identifying types of discrimination in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
– Recognising when and how unconscious bias impacts the recruitment process
– Creating selection criteria using a current or recent vacancy
– Practicing behavioural interview techniques to understand competence
– Understanding the shared responsibility of the selection panel to ensure a fair process is followed
Full day training session run from 9.30am to 4.30pm
The workshop is a combination of short presentations, pair work discussions and group interactive activities. Managers are asked to work on a current or recent vacancy to ensure that the training delivers the best value to your people.
We encourage trainees to review their current practice, question values and beliefs, and take action to apply their learning to their current professional challenges.
The learning objectives can be adapted to meet the needs of your organisation and colleagues, in line with your policies and procedures. If required we can reduce the learning objectives to focus on your greatest area of need.
Participants will be asked to make themselves aware of your recruitment policy and to take an implicit bias test online before the training. Delegates will receive greater benefits from the training if they can bring a current or recent vacancy to work on through the training.