Is it your plan to develop your management skills in 2022?
I think 2020 has brought us many challenges, not least those faced by managers trying to support and manage a remote workforce.
This year I have adapted to the current working environment and taken my management training online, and I am excited to share details of the 2022 open training programme.
The Programme dates for 2022 are as follows:
|15 March 2022|
|12 April 2022|
|10 May 2022|
|07 June 2022|
|05 July 2022|
|02 August 2022|
|30 August 2022|
|27 September 2022|
|25 October 2022|
|22 November 2022|
|13 December 2022|
|17 January 2023|
Coaching is an integral part of this training programme. From session two we will start with group coaching to embed coaching behaviours into your management practice.
Your manager’s commitment…
Your managers are asked to:
- Be prepared to participate fully in all training sessions.
- Be prepared to apply their learning back into the workplace after each session.
- Commit to the full 12-month programme to ensure effective group cohesion.
- Twelve x half-days released from the workplace to attend workshops.
- The drive to put your learning into practice back in the workplace.
Venue & Timings…
January and February 2pm – 5.30pm
March onwards: 9am – 1pm latest – this includes two breaks of 15 minutes each
We have teamed up with Sarah Stones who will provide a Motivational Map and individual coaching session to each delegate. There is an additional oneoff charge for this additional support.
Foundation modules will start bi-monthly. New joiners to the programme will attend modules one and two in small groups before joining the ongoing programme. In this way your managers’ support network grows and different perspectives and experiences of management are regularly introduced to encourage greater learning and understanding.
- Get to know each other and start to build a group identity
- Introduce the concept of Situational Leadership
- Discuss one model of coaching as a management tool
- Experience one practice coaching session as coach, coachee or observer
Motivation for team success
- Recognise the role of the manager in motivating others
- Consider Intrinsic vs Extrinsic motivators
- Discuss motivational maps as a tool for improved understanding
- Introduce appreciation as a tool for motivation
Effective Communication Skills for Managers
- Explore the communication cycle and how filters impact communication
- Recognise the importance of body language in effective communication
- Develop your active listening skills
- Identify the stages in a Performance Management Cycle
- Prepare for performance conversations
- Practice giving negative feedback for performance improvement
Finding compassion when managing conflict
- Explore the impact of perceptions as sources of conflict
- Understand your preferred mode of addressing conflict
- Practice using a solution focused approach to resolve conflict
Introduction to Flexible Negotiation Skills
- Identify the best approach in negotiation situations
- The importance of preparation when entering into a negotiation
- Practice negotiation
Equality and Inclusion in the workplace
- Define what is meant by Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Introduction to the Equality Act 2010
- Recognise the impact of unconscious bias at work
- Identify strategies to mitigate unconscious bias
Leading on wellbeing: Introduction to stress and mental health
- Understand the link between stress and mental health
- Recognise the signs of stress in yourself and others
- Prepare for appropriate conversations
Managing Change Effectively
- Understand our emotional response to change
- Consider the impact of poorly implemented change
- Effective communication in the planning and marketing of change
Delegation for team success
- Identify good practice when delegating
- Overcome the barriers to effective delegation
- Ensure you have the right person for the job
Emotional Intelligence in Management
- Understand Emotional intelligence (EQ) in management
- Core components of Emotional Intelligence
- Identify your EQ development plan
Email or call 07880 776756 today to book your place.
This programme is also available to deliver in your organisation, please call on 07880 776756 to discuss this further